Wednesday, November 01, 2006

And so it goes

I don't have that much to say on this site right now, so I haven't been posting as often as normal. My body is as always failing to do exactly what I want it to do in the time period that I have allotted for change. In other words, my body has one time schedule and my brain has another. However, I soldier on and right now I am trying to ignore things like scales. I am running for 55 minutes in the morning (straight) and 30 minutes in the afternoon (straight) with an extra 50 minutes of walking in the morning and 30 minutes of walking in the afternoon. Everything is sore, and everything hurts. My eating is as good as it has been in at least a year. I am still job hunting, no responses as of yet. I am attempting to manage the frustration on all fronts, so far it is working. Patience has never been my strong suit, I am working on it. I trust that my body will respond eventually and that I will get responses to my job inquiries. Right now it is hard, but I keep working at it. The problem with hard work is that it is just that "hard". If losing and keeping off weight was easy, everyone would manage it and this country would not have an obesity epidemic. I am trying to remember that and it is working to some extent. I'm still running 6 days a week and that is the good news, so lets stick with that today.

2 comments:

D said...

hi, I came across your blog, and I don't know if you've tried it, but I actually bought turbojam... it sounds lame, I know. But it's high energy, there's tons of different workouts so you don't get bored, and it comes with a diet too. It helped me get back to my normal weight after I had my daughter. Good for you for getting healthy! I think that's great.

Anonymous said...

I know your body will start working with you on this some time. I wish you a quick find on the job.