Thursday, January 11, 2007

Oh right blogging

Well, I see I have finally been called out on my extended blogging absence (thanks Becky, nice to see you are back too). I Have been fighting off problematic aches and pains in my ankles in my long silence (but still working out which is a plus). Still, job hunting, pickings have been a bit slim. The scale is steadfastly not moving, then again there was that whole thing we call Christmas and less than stellar eating. I am still working on it, and have been getting back on track in the new year. Mostly, I trying to figure out whether or not to keep running given I develop ankle pains especially in my "bad" ankle. This goes back to falling down a flight of stairs as a teenager and then stupidly walking on a swollen ankle for two weeks and it has never been the same. Better but not the same. Someday I will be able to afford a personal trainer and possibly an expert on sports injuries but not right now. So, I'm here, limping along as it were, but here and working out everyday and yes I guess I am back.

2 comments:

Bex said...

Hi Kat, I'm glad you're back :)
I have been having this terrible pain in my left hip after every work out. It's actually been happening to me for a few years now, but this last time was so bad that it still hasn't gone away...in fact, we went dancing on New Years Eve weekend and it just keeps getting worse and worse to the point where I can't even lay on my left side. I have an appt w/an Orthopedic Doctor next Tuesday so I'll let you know how it goes. I hope you feel better soon!

Kat said...

Oh Becky, that does not sound fun at all. My aches and pains are not that bad, after I walk for a bit my ankle warms up and the pain goes away. I hope the Doctor has a good solution and it is nothing serious.