Thursday, October 12, 2006

Much better, thanks

So, the knee is much better today (I know the internet cares deeply about all my aches and pains) and so is the ankle. I think this is a good sign. My current theory is that I just jumped back into running too fast without any adjustment for the fact I had not been doing it for a long time. I managed yet another 40 minute run today with no problems and 1 hr 20 minutes of walking after I was done with the running. Hopefully, this change in cardio will make a difference soon and the scale will start to make some real movement again. Then again, maybe not, who knows at this point. Right now, my goal is to get up to an hour of running each day in the next few weeks (that should work out to about 5 miles a day running) and then I am going to work on increasing my speed. I don't expect to ever be fast because frankly speed is not something anybody in my family manages terribly well, but I am going to give it a shot anyway. Other than that, nothing exciting to report today.

No comments: