Sunday, December 04, 2005

The table of Doom

An interesting sociological study begins today. It can be nicknamed "the christmas goody table of doom". Basically, we now have an entire table in my office which is covered with cookies and candy canes which is going to remain up for the duration of December. I think everyone can see how this is bad. Also, the table is directly in my line of sight which is bad. Of course, I cooked a bunch of the cookies on it, so possibly I am contributing to my own doom. I think in someways, this is just proof of the problem with the holiday season and that is the abundance of food around, I mean there is always food around my office but it quadruples at this time of year. So far, I have not gained any holiday weight and in fact, I lost around a pound. So, that is my new goal for the next three weeks, not to gain anything. I am working out a lot, I am up to 90 situps a day and running at 6.9 mph, and I am trying to watch what I put in my mouth. So, three weeks, and then life will return to normal, I can manage three weeks.

No comments: