Sunday, February 26, 2006

Bad News then good

Allow me to now state the obvious, the whole diet and exercise thing has not been going particularly well. I am still working out every morning, but food has been a nightmare recently and I have been slacking on weight lifting. Hmm, I think this is exactly what I said the last time that I posted. Part of the problem is work related, the stress level is so high in the office that it is amazing that we are not all insane at this point. I am a stress eater, always have been, so it is not surprising that I go a little haywire when exposed to an environment such as this one. Part of the problem is just mental tiredness from having been on the diet track for so long. Anyway, there is some good news, I went diving this weekend and felt really peaceful and calm as a result. Well, my ears felt horrible but I always have ear problems diving despite taking sudafed prior to going underwater. Once they cleared, I had a great time. I haven't been diving in almost a year and there is a lot to be said for an activity where all you do is swim around and admire nature. So, I feel closer to being back on track today as a result and that is the good news. I am going to grill up chicken breasts and broccoli for dinner, have salad for lunch and try to cut back on my sugar consumption this week. I will try and post everyday to keep myself accountable, we will see how it goes for the next few days.

No comments: