Monday, February 27, 2006

A General Plan

So, this morning in the free time I do not have at work, I did some research. Basically, it all boiled down to the following information. A sprint triathalon (basically 1/2 of a full length triathlon) would be a 5 k run, a 13 mile bike ride, and a 1/2 mile swim. Right now, I could probably do a 5 k run, the swim and bike rides would be a little more questionable but I could probably manage each one. Could I do all of those things on the same day? Probably not. So, maybe I will begin training for a mini-triathlon over the next few months. First, I am going to go buy some books, because as we all know, I am the queen of fitness books. Also, I am going to give up sugar completely for the next 40 days. Why 40 days? Lent starts tomorrow, and although I am not Catholic all of my co-workers are Catholic and giving up various things. So, it is a nice manageable length of time and everyone else will be depriving themself as well so now seems like a good time. Recognizing the fact that I need shortcuts and simplicity in my life, I am also going to work on bringing a premade lunch (this week Lean Cuisines) and keeping frozen vegetables and chicken breasts at home. So, tonight I am going to clean out the cupboards at home again and get back to basic healthy eating.

No comments: