Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Day three and counting

I am remarkably stiff this morning, apparently I haven't been using the muscles for running very much recently. Yesterday was a good food day, which makes two days in a row for the first time in a long time. Despite being sore this morning, I still hoped on the treadmill this morning and ran. It was not a good run. However, I did effectively prove to myself (at least according to the treadmill) that I am running at least 3.1 miles every time I run. I feel good about my exercise level for the first time in weeks, and a little less bored. I think I am going to aim for running about 3 miles on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. I have been debating giving up coffee for the next month, even though I can have it with fake sugar. I think this week I will just give up sugar. I will work on lowering my coffee intake slowly and I will start by not drinking coffee on weekends. I think a ridiculously drastic plan would probably be bad.

1 comment:

Joan said...

Just wanted to encourage you on getting back on track. I am a long time reader, first time poster. I have lost and gained so many times but your blog has been an inspiration and I keep coming back to see how you are doing.