Sunday, February 20, 2005

Finding my groove again

In case you missed it, I have been in and out of here posting only infrequently. Now, I could totally blame this on work, which has been insane for quite awhile. However, in fairness, I must say that it is because I have not been eating or working out the way that I should work out. Oh, I am the queen of the maintainers, bouncing around between 160 and 158 for at least two solid months, but when you are 5'2" that is not a healthy weight to be maintaining at for any length of time. Still, I am finally back, the drive is finally back. Partially, because I have a car which is making me much more mobile (although not at this precise moment because the battery died this morning and I will be having that fixed tomorrow) and partially because it is time to get my behind in gear. I realized this on the weekend as I was hiking up a mountain on the hash run and having to stop because I was out of breath, not acceptable. I could pontificate and explain by saying that I was 45 minutes into an hour and a half run which was basically all uphill but no, I just felt out of shape. I have been slowly losing my endurance and strength over the last few months because I have been doing less exercise and making more excuses. This weekend I bought a stability ball, weights, and last night I turned my spare bedroom into a weight room for the nights I do not make it to the gym. Once my car troubles are sorted out, I am going back to my old plan where I get up at 6 am and go to the gym on my way to work. This coming month I am going to start picking up an extra night of aikido and going on tuesdays and thursdays. I am going back to a stricter diet but something I can live with, which means more salads and less eating out. Basically, I am going to kick my own rear into shape and it is about time. Oh, and I am going to post every day during the week to keep myself accountable. The really anal exercise and diet girl is back people, and this time the inner fat girl is getting a little bit nervous.

No comments: