Tuesday, February 22, 2005

I'll have my cake and avoid it to

One of my friends turns 27 on friday (yes N. that officially makes you old like me), so tonight I am having him over for dinner along with his girlfriend and another friend. He loves chocolate so I am making him a chocolate devils food cake (the cake is made, just has to be iced) and onion cream soup and pasta. It is not in other words, a diet friendly meal but my plan is to eat in moderation and avoid the cake completely. If it is not friendship to make someone a cake that you are not going to eat and keep it in your refridgerator for multiple hours when you really love chocolate, I don't know what is at this point. I have all sorts of things in my apartment right now that normally I would avoid like the plague, including sugar, chocolate, cream, and butter. Still, this is part of my plan, eat everything in moderation and balance out heavy days with light ones. If I have to live like this for the rest of my life, I need to make peace with all different types of food. However, everything I do not normally eat will be out of my house by tomorrow evening at the latest which is also a sneaky trick to avoid eating it after today. Anyway, back to work and then I have to run to the store and run home quickly after work so that I can start cooking everything.

No comments: