Sunday, July 17, 2005

Little Goals

I think in the interests of full disclosure I should make a confession, I spend my life reading random exercise advice. I have read magazine articles, books, online blogs, anything you can think of about diet and exercise. I read Dr. Phil's book, was not terribly helpful for me, I read the stuff by Oprah's trainer, I read a bunch of cookbooks, so on and so forth. So, this weekend I was at the bookstore, and I picked up the following book, G-Force by Gunnar Peterson. Now, I found it really useful, probably because his philosphy on exercise and mine match up, and also because I was looking to change my resistance workout and make it harder. I like a book where I can adopt an actual plan and lift weights at home because it means I can spend the hour at the gym doing cardio work. Oh, and today after using one of his suggested intermediate workouts, my rear is seriously sore. Many squats and lunges on sunday night were probably the culprit, plus I hate lunges so I avoid them usually. In other news (I suddenly feel like a bad evening news anchor, you know with the immobile hair) I am adding mini-goals to every week to get back to being fully on plan. This week, my goals are as follows:
1. Drink more water and only 2 diet sodas a day
(Long term plan is to once again elimintate soda from my diet).
2. Bread at dinner only 3 times this week
( I have been eating way too much bread and not enough
fruit and veg, this is my first step towards fixing that problem).
3.Lift weights 4 times this week at home
(Arms with definition, this is my ultimate goal)
4. Run at the gym twice this week
(I am working on not just meandering along on the eliptical anymore)
There you are, my goals for this week. So far, I have lifted weights once, run once (this am), and eaten one dinner without bread. Oh, and I have not had any soda today and I just drank a bottle of water, .5L plus I drank a bottle of water while working out. So, far so good, now let me see how the week goes along.

1 comment:

Allan said...

I love your little goals. Mine consist of much smaller, but a guy can aspire to greatness.Todays goal is to not squash my boss like a bug. Keep up the great work.