Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Drastic measures

So, my real problem has always been food. I like sugar, I like sweet things, I love coffee and don't get me started on bread. However, I sleep better and generally function as a happier person when I get rid of all of the above substances. So, tonight I chucked the diet soda, coffee, and flavored creamers from my cupboards. After this week, the bread is following those substances. I'm back to drinking water flavored with lemon and black tea. Already by upping my water intake I feel better, I have more energy and that is a good thing. This weekend I am switching over to soy milk from 2 percent milk and probably changing cereals. This is always my struggle and it never gets easier, not really. That is the dirty little secret of the weightloss wars (at least for me) that you don't wake up some day and have it all be easy, the bad habits lurk just around the corner. There are just less things to eliminate the longer you fight the battle. I don't have to throw away tons of stuff, I just have to tweak my diet and exercise. Perhaps in the end that is progress enough.

No comments: