Sunday, January 06, 2008

The good, the bad, the brunch

The problem with weekends is that they are rife with good intentions that never entirely come to fruition. While I did manage to replace my chair and vaccum, I never did deal with my thermostat issue or check out gyms. Not to mention this morning did not quite meet the definition of no carbs and clean living. I have a good excuse, I had two of my close friends over for Sunday brunch and girl bonding. So, there were homemade muffins, coffee, eggs, fruit salad, quiche and bacon. I had a little bit of everything and you know what, I'm not sorry about it. One meal does not derail my whole diet and having balance and a real life is important to me. I did work out today, which for some reason I find horribly hard to do on weekends, I jogged for 20 minutes and did another ten minutes of brisk walking. I have not been running in a while and I can tell, because at the 17 minute mark I began developing a horrible stitch in my side and I had to stop at 20 minutes. However, this is still a triumph given I almost never manage to actually do anything on the weekends. I am going to do situps tonight as well and hopefully tomorrow I will manage two workouts over the course of the day. Tomorrow, I go back to clean living and healthy foods and I chalk up any excess today to the joys of having a real life.

No comments: