Thursday, January 03, 2008

Well so much for that

Well, in case anyone was wondering, the answer to the question of how long I can make my living room chair survive is that I can't salvage it. I tried very hard and after much experimentation with nails and glue it has died a sad death (well part of it did anyway). So, saturday I have to go buy a new (more expensive) chair and get it delivered. I'm slightly bitter about this fact, but it has to be done. Besides I do have a $1000 cushion in my checking account for these sorts of problems (plus $500 in a savings account). It occurs to me that I have never before kept a monetary cushion in my checking account, so hey go me. On the plus side, I get to hang out with my girls tomorrow (well I work with one and she is back from vacation and the other is in town for the holidays) and it is Friday. So, that should improve my mood. I am still on track (mostly due to the repeated mantra in my head that I will not eat sugar) now I just need to improve on the working out aspect of my life. I have lots of things to do this weekend, I am making pumpking soup and freezing is (yes I realize my timing is off on the whole pumpkin thing since they were in season like three months ago but I found a really interesting recipie), buying loads of interesting tea to replace the coffee, hunting down a new chair, possibly looking at gyms, get the apartment maintance guy to come and look at my apparently broken thermostat,and trying to get the rest of my life in order. I need to workout and by workout I mean run because that never happens during the week, I just can't make myself run at 4:30 in the morning and I need to vacum like a maniac. I realize those two thoughts are not connected but that is how my brain works sometimes. I am off to bed, I will be back tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.