Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Waiting for the typhoon

Yesterday we got sent home from work at around 10 am because of the typhoon (which by the way hasn't hit and may mostly miss us). So, my roommates and I went and played frisbee in our apartment swimming pool because it was a beautiful day and a pretty decent workout. Aikido was canceled due to the typhoon and we are going to have to make up the class on thursday. We have today off from work as well since we are still in readiness condition 1 (that basically means the typhoon should hit the island if it does by late this afternoon). So, since we can't really go anywhere right now, we have mostly been sleeping and I have nothing exciting to report. Although, I did manage to get up this morning and eat breakfast as opposed to yesterday where I snacked on things but never really ate lunch. Anyway, I am going to go get dressed now and find something to do with myself for the rest of the day.

1 comment:

DeAnn said...

Ooh, keep us updated on the typhoon.

I don't think a natural disaster would be worth it for me to get the days off. Although a big snowstorm wouldn't bother me (but, seriously, I'm in journalism; we work no matter what because the newspaper has to get out! It's a little annoying!).