Sunday, October 31, 2004

You just have to do it

Have you ever noticed that it is the second day after doing something physically foolish when you really end up sore? I am definately sore today after this weekend of activity. Also tired because I had to get up early this morning to go to work again, at least tomorrow is a holiday. Although, I am pretty sure that tomorrow we are going to go on a six hour hike and then go to aikido because of the fact that it is a holiday and we have a free day off to explore the island. Anyway, I think I got asked how I keep going and doing all of this physical activity all the time. First of all, I don't really do as much as I probably should do, and second I just go and do it. That is it, no big secret, I just go and work out because it is what I do in my spare time. Sometimes, like this weekend it isn't even particularly fun to do, I am not a naturally athletic person and that makes it hard. I have to think about what I am doing, I go really slow and I get frustrated a lot. However, I keep going because it is what I do, what I have to do in my free time. There are no excuses when it comes to exercise, for example, you have to go to work right, so how is staying healthy any different in the long run. It just has to be what you do as often as possible or you won't get healthy. Anyway, that reminds me, I have to go to work now.

1 comment:

DeAnn said...

What a great attitude. I have to admit that this post makes me feel so much better. I was beginning to think you were Superwoman and I would never be able to do it. But you saying that you're not that naturally athletic and that it's not ALWAYS easy but it's what you do makes me realize that, you know what? I can do it, too!!

Thanks!