Thursday, April 13, 2006

Belatedly checking in

I have had a hectic day (which is nothing as bad as Monday will be) and so did not have time to check in. I am doing fine, I took it a little bit easy in my spin class because my legs were sore. I am completely on track with food, although my office is begining to worry. I work in a place which to a certain extent equates food with love, and the fact I am not eating their food worries them. This is a small island and every celebration here centers around food and an abundance of food. Choosing to not eat rice is positively shocking and only having salad for lunch puzzles people. Still, right now, I am sure this is working for me. So, I am sticking to the plan and avoiding snacks. Oh, and I did file my taxes today which means that is another stressful activity which is done. Here, you have to file your taxes in person because you need a stamped copy of your return. This is because the local IRS has been known to misplace tax returns. It is actually pretty fast, I had everything stamped and turned in very quickly (less than 15 minutes). Anyway, I am tired and it is the end of the day so I am headed home now.

No comments: