Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Middle of Week Two

I am still recovering from this cold, so running for 30 or 40 minutes was out of the question today. The last time I did that with a headcold, I ended up with a really horrible cough that lingered for days. So, I used the eliptical instead and tacked on a slow 10 minute jog at the end of my workout. It felt pretty good actually to jog, even if it was just for a few minutes. I hate not feeling 100 percent when I am decently motivated to work out, but I know in the long run it will be better if I ease off and recover over the next few days. I might go diving this weekend and if I do, I will want to be past this cold. I was thinking this morning about how it is always the same struggle, just different scenery. Now I fuss about my weight bouncing up into the 160's before I fussed when my weight went over 230. Despite the distance I have come, it is hard to get past the small details and see the big picture, but I keep trying. I am still on track with food, except for yesterday's wackiness and I plan to stay that way for the rest of the week. Plus, I have not really been snacking and that is a very good thing, plus no coffee or high-calorie drinks (one of my downfalls). So other than the cold, I am doing well in my second week on plan.

No comments: