Monday, April 24, 2006

Not completely off the wagon

I have been about 70 percent on plan since last time I was here. Eating was not good this weekend, there was a huge barbeque on Saturday, dinner out on Sunday, and rather a lot of slip ups in between. Yesterday was better, today has been better still, and if the pattern continues I may make it completely back on track by tomorrow. Also, the stress level at work has been rising over the past couple of days and got really bad this morning. I'm a prosecutor and when defense lawyers call and check on me to make sure I am alright, well that is when you know I am having a bad day. Food is definately a stress relief for me and so, since I can't just leave work and go for a run, it is really tempting to just eat. Still, I keep trying to stay on plan, and for the most part it is working. Add to that a decent run this morning (only 30 minutes due to the fact the air conditioning was broken at the gym and it was very hot) and I feel okay today. Hopefully, I can get through this afternoon without any problems and go home and feel better. I will see how it goes.

1 comment:

Turtle Guy said...

It's all about determination and focus, isn't it? You've made a decision to DO something - something to change your life for the better. You're much further ahead of those who just sit around and wish for it, or "wouldn't that be nice" about it.

Deciding what it is you really truly want and going for it is power. You go, girl!