Thursday, November 13, 2008

All things holiday

I love the holiday season, all the decorations and lights and christmas smells in the air. I especially like baking things which I am avoiding for the most part this year. So, tonight I decided to make something that smelled like the holidays but was not horrible for me to eat. So, I tossed together a batch of pumpkin butter from a recipe I found on the internet. Pumpkin butter has about 40 calories per tablespoon and the benefit of being largely made of pumpkin and apple juice with some sugar. However, there are very few carbs and it is the kind of thing where I can eat one tablespoon and be satisfied. Since peanut butter has around 90 calories per tablespoon (and that is the reduced fat kind), you can see the calorie savings already. So, now my apartment smells like pumpkin and spices and all the good holiday smells and there are no cookies anywhere in sight. Anyway, despite a long stressful week my eating is on track and I have had good workouts all this week ( 4 days of running so far) and tomorrow is at long last friday.

No comments: