Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A little bit crazy

It is probably a sign that you are certifiably insane when you decide to get up at 4:20 am on your day off and workout. Still, that is exactly what I did this morning by rolling out of my nice warm bed and hauling myself over to the gym. The good news is that I was able to run for 20 minutes again this morning without any problems. I did ease up a little on the eliptical machine by picking a slightly easier hill climb workout than normal just to rest my legs. So, by 6 a.m. I had eaten breakfast, showered, and was sitting watching music videos and drinking my cup of coffee for the day. I have to run some errands this morning but none of the places that I need to go to will be open before 10 am. I could have gone back to sleep but I was already pretty wide awake and it seemed pointless. The benefit of an early morning workout is that it is done and I don't have to talk myself into going to the gym on my day off and I know it would not happen later in the day. Besides, my little apartment gym is empty in the early morning and I like working out with no one else around to bother me. Still, it is a crazy thing to do when I could sleep in and rest for the rest of the week which will be long and drawn out.

No comments: