Sunday, November 02, 2008

The Weekly Menu

So, once again it is Sunday night and I have spent all afternoon cooking food for this week. I know the bonus is that I do not have to cook dinner or lunch for the entire week but it is still a lot of work. Among other things, I made the best turkey burgers ever with a recipe from my favorite cookbook. They have light ricotta cheese in them which imparts the moisture that turkey burgers are usually lacking when you cook them. So, this is what I am eating this week: Oatmeal with cinnamon and splenda Turkey burgers with heirloom tomatoes, lettuce, and onion Roasted Chicken Thighs White Bean and Roasted Red Pepper Puree Roasted Garlic Hummus Roasted Red Pepper Hummus Carrots Baked Sweet Potato Fries Bananas and Pears Mango and Blueberry Smoothies This week I am actually going to eat roasted chicken for lunch and dinner a couple of days because otherwise I always end up with between 3-5 extra wasted pieces of chicken at the end of the week. I am attempting to avoid that this week by having them for two meals. Obviously, I am still really in love with hummus although I measure it carefully because it is a fair amount of calories even though it is good healthy calories and fat. I have already cooked all of this food so all that is left to do is reheat it when I get home at night. Anyway, I am off to finish getting ready for the work week.

No comments: