Wednesday, November 19, 2008

One down and infinity to go

Today I had to go to a holiday luncheon for one of the court agencies that I work with on a daily basis. Well, I did not have to go but it would have been bad form to not show up. The over abundance of food was staggering and mostly unhealthy. There were some vegetable platters and cooked meat but mostly it was pasta, desert, and queso. I stuck to the beef brisket, cooked vegetables, one dinner roll, and a tablespoon of pasta salad. I still figure it was a 500-600 calorie meal for me even with no desert and only a little bit of white flour and carbs. I expect that most of the other meals were around 1000 calories per meal and most people had seconds. This is the problem with the holiday season, everything involves food and most of it is unhealthy. I have at least two more luncheons that I have to navigate before the holidays are over and probably a couple of parties. I am just really trying to watch what I put in my mouth because otherwise the fact I am working out like crazy will be pretty worthless. I am staying away from sugar and carbs as much as possible for the duration of the holiday season. I don't feel deprived and I know that eating sugar is a slippery slope for me and I don't want to start down it again. So, one party down and many more to go.

No comments: