Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Yes we did!

So excited today, well except for Prop 8 passing in California. I love you California but seriously you just gave farm animals more rights than gay people. Seriously. Anyway, back to our regularly scheduled programing on diet and exercise. I am totally on plan and also I realized today that I eat a lot of orange and red vegetables (i.e. carrots, yams, red peppers, tomatoes). Okay, technically tomatoes are a fruit but you get the point. So, next week I am going to try and branch out with some new colors of veggies based upon what I can find in the store. I am up to running 15 minutes a day now and it is starting to get easier which is good news, today was actually a very easy run. Next week I am going to add another five minutes on to my run and then start raising my speed again until I get up to a 10 or 11 minute mile. One of my goals is to eventually run approximately a 5K distance three times a week but that is a few months off. I am trying really hard to not burn myself out on exercise and that means taking the running pretty slowly for now. Today is a good day.

No comments: