Monday, November 03, 2008

A Certain Ease

Here is the thing for me about being on plan, I have nothing to say. No drama, no grand deviations, just the same daily routine. If I go off plan, I tend to stay off plan for months and find myself making up a lot of ground in the end. So, I could tell you I am still working out and eating well (which I am) but it is not terribly exciting to read about everyday. It is the truth, for whatever reason I have not been struggling with food very much at all in the last month or exercise for that matter. My goals now are more long term, I am working on making sure this is sustainable for the rest of my life. So, there are no crazy dietary plans to reports because I cannot eat that way in the long run. I have come to the realization that I pretty much have to permanently cut white flour and sugar in all their forms out of my life because I cannot eat them in moderation. I have cut my coffee consumption down to one cup a day because I like to put creamer in it and I have drastically upped my water intake. I eat everything else in moderation and this time around it has not been hard at all. I do not know why but maybe it is because I do not feel deprived even though I avoid certain foods. I do not know, all I know is that I am grateful for the ease of it all right now given all that is going on in my life.

No comments: