Sunday, December 21, 2008

Almost Christmas

I spent today wrapping presents and making peanut butter pumpkin soup. It was a nice peaceful day and my only current frustration is that I am driving a rental car because my car is still in the shop while they replace the catalytic converters (the shop ordered the wrong part but they swear it will be fixed by tomorrow and in the meantime they rented a car for me at their expense). I am ready for christmas, I need to make some baked goods for Christmas eve for the relatives of my best friend and then I am done with my shopping. I lost another pound this week but I still have a long ways to go before I am really happy with my weight again. I am planning on running another 5k distance on Christmas eve morning just to prove to myself that I am getting a little bit faster at running and hopefully I can run that distance in about 38-40 minutes. I only work two days this week (the benefits of working for the government) and then I have 12 days off and only two of those days are my vacation time (see aforementioned benefits of working for the government) which I desperately need because I am exhausted and tired from work. Anyway, here is what I am eating this week for the most part: Roasted red pepper hummus Roasted sweet potatoes Carrots Peanut Butter Pumpkin Soup Oatmeal with Splenda and Cinnamon Roast Chicken Thighs Pears Bananas Blueberry smoothies Tamales and Queso (Christmas eve lunch) Light Yoplait Yogurt I love peanut butter pumpkin soup, it is not low in calories but it is jam packed with good veggies and good fat. It basically has pumpkin, baked sweet potatoes and peanut butter mixed together with some butter and lots of chicken stock. It tastes like fall and winter to me with rich velvety veggies and it is hearty enough that a cup and a half is enough for dinner without needing to eat anything else. I made enough for two weeks because I figured that I would not feel like cooking that much while I am on vacation, we shall see what I feel like doing next week, I may surprise myself.

No comments: