Monday, December 29, 2008

"I Die"

In the immortal words of Rachael Zoe, "I die". I somehow managed to kick my own tail while working out this morning. All I did was raise the speed of my running from an 11:19 mile to an 11:06 mile speed and it killed me. I had to break up my eliptical work into two parts and do some core work in the middle to catch my breath. I feel all better now, perhaps because I have had breakfast and a snack since the workout but it was still brutal. I think I did not eat enough yesterday to prepare for today and I also went out and bought a fancy metal water bottle today (since apparently Nalagene bottles are evil now) to make sure I can hydrate properly during my workouts. I am hoping that a more balanced eating plan today will help me get through tomorrow morning in a better fashion. I am off work this week, two vacation days plus three work holidays (proof of why it pays to work for the government) and so far I am spending the time cleaning out my closets and cooking fun recipes. I made hot red pepper jelly yogurt cheese yesterday which is really tasty but very spicy and I made a nice light arugula and sun dried tomato pasta salad. As you can tell, I am working on incorporating more dairy and veggies into my diet, I am trying to make sure that I get some carbohydrates and grains in as well, especially given the amount that I am running everyday during the week. I do have to push myself to eat enough calories, 1600-1700 rather than 1400 but if I don't eat enough I end up with really bad workout days like today. It is all a balancing act and I am still learning how to live this as a lifestyle rather than a hard core unsustainable diet.

No comments: