Saturday, December 27, 2008

A day of rest

I have developed a fit of excessive organization today for some reason. So far, I have worked out, started a load of laundry. made light bran muffins, started making a light pasta salad, and been to the grocery store. Admittedly, I did some of this so that I will not have to do it tomorrow and I can sleep in since Sunday is really the only day I can ever laze around without needing to workout. Sunday is my rest day in terms of exercise and this week I am making it my rest day in terms of everything. I have to clean my apartment but I am not in a rush since I already took down all the Christmas decorations and stored them away for next year. It is freezing cold outside so I imagine I will not go anywhere for the rest of the day but will hibernate in my nice warm apartment with the cats. I am glad that the holidays are basically over, there will be less food around and I can avoid sugar and baking. I do have chocolate chip cookies sitting in the fridge which are a gift for a friend of mine and so far I have not touched them. If I don't see her by midweek I will just get rid of them altogether so they are not in my house. So, I feel like I made it through the holiday season basically unscathed and that is a good thing.

No comments: