Saturday, December 13, 2008

A busy Christmas Elf

I feel like I spent all day today running around trying to get things done and only partially succeeding. I spent an hour at the post office to mail a package for a secret santa exchange I am involved in every year. Note to self, 9 am on one of only two weekends before christmas is not a good day to be at the post office. Of course, by the time I made it to the post office this morning I had already done the following: worked out, had breakfast, gone to target, and wrapped secret santa presents. I came home after a quick and disappointing stop at Pier 1 looking for small holiday trinkets for my coworkers and washed a piece of cross stitch. I need to make the cross stitch into an ornament tomorrow and it had a small stubborn dirt stain on it. I have now washed it three times and if the stain is not out, I officially give up. Then I started making cookies from the dough I had frozen last week. Today I made two kinds of cookies and white chocolate bark with assorted dried fruit. Tomorrow I have to make three more kinds of cookies and then I am done with presents for the coworkers. The problem with baking is that you have to test stuff to make sure it tastes alright and I think the sugar is making me feel like crap as a result. Oh, and I am also on my second load of laundry at this point so that I will not have to deal with it tomorrow and I will have more time to cook. My one saving grace has been the fact I made all the cookie dough ahead of time so that I am just assembling things and not making them as well. Although, I am quashing my perfectionist tendencies which make me fuss about taste and presentation which no one else will notice. Ah well, I am off to crash in front of the TV for a couple of hours.

No comments: