Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Tis the night before Christmas

The cats are sleeping on my chair and I am sitting at my computer back from Christmas eve lunch at my friend's house. It is a bit odd since christmas eve is usually a big deal in my family. There is clam chowder and Dylan Thomas on the CD player reading "A Child's Christmas in Wales" and a fire and fruitcake. Tonight, it is just me by the light of my small christmas tree with music in the background and sleeping cats. The cats already got their Christmas treat of wet food (which they don't usually get) and wrapping paper to roll around in and tear apart. I don't think I will be up late tonight, I got up at 4:30 am and ran my holiday 5K distance on the treadmill (it took me exactly 40 minutes) and then I did about 25 minutes on the eliptical machine and some resistance training. I have not been great on food today, but then I knew I would not be great on food today. Tomorrow I am meeting a couple of friends for dinner and a movie which is almost a Christmas tradition in and of itself. I am planning on getting up at 4:30 am tomorrow as well to workout. I figure that just because it is the holiday season is no reason to disturb my normal workout schedule and tomorrow I will be back on track in terms of food. I would like to lose weight over the Christmas season and that means sticking to a pretty rigorous exercise schedule. Besides, getting up early means that it is done for the day and I can do whatever else I want to do over the course of the day. Anyway, I am off to snuggle the cats and set my alarm for tomorrow morning.

No comments: