Wednesday, June 22, 2005

5.5 MPH

I am a little loopy today, that may be due to the fact it is only 8 am and I have already had a large cup of coffee and a diet pepsi which happens to be caffinated. I did discover this morning that running at 5.5 mph is not hard, which means I have been running too slowly for at least the last week. I am cutting myself slack on the running before that since I had to ease into it (or at least that is what I am telling myself). I am really focusing on my conditioning right now, rather than anything else, I want it to be about being healthy and not being a certain size. If I am a size 12 for the next year or rest of my life so be it, as long as I am a really fit and healthy size 12. Would I rather be a size 10 or 8 or 6, yes, but I won't get there by obsessing about it. So, I am working on the exercise this week and soon I will start working on the diet thing and we will just have to see what happens over the next few weeks and months.

No comments: