Monday, June 20, 2005

Progress

So, progress is clearly something that happens to other people. Oddly, for the most part I am okay with that right now. I am still working out hard, I am increasing my running speed on the treadmill (my goal right now is to get up to 6 miles an hour as a speed) I did about four minutes at 5.5 mph as opposed to 5.2 mph. Tomorrow I am aiming for 10 minutes at 5.5 mph. I still have food issues, heck I am always going to have food issues, but I am trying to focus on generally being healthy and making small changes. As an example, I really like things like Mocha Coffees when I go to coffee shops (which I do sometimes before work) but I have switched over to just ordering regular coffee. I am eating more salads at home and after being forced to admit that we have horrible produce here and I am incredibly lazy in terms of food preparation, I am buying frozen peas and corn for meals (good for you and can just be thrown in a pot of boiling water). This is progress, and I am focusing more on healthy lifestyle and less on being a certain weight than I did in the past and that is a good thing. Everything else will come in time, for the first time I have faith in that fact.

No comments: