Monday, June 13, 2005

In which I come up with ways to destroy the stair master

I may not entirely be on a roll with food but in terms of exercise, well the intensity is finally back people. I have discovered that if I spend thirty minutes on the stair master (which I loathe, oh let me count the ways that I hate it) it makes me really short of breath and I sweat like a pig. Both good things if you are trying to work out hard, then I take a five minute breather where I walk slowly on the treadmill and then begin to run or waddle (it looks pretty much the same) for about twenty minutes. Then I do a five minute cool down walk. Somedays, I am following this up with weight lifting for 10-20 minutes, somedays not, it sort of depends. I try to lift weights at least three days a week and I am also trying to use hand weights one day a week on the stair master, which yes, makes me hate it even more. However, I finally feel like I am really actually exercising again rather than just going through the motions. I am also doing better on food, just need to cut back on excess snacks and stick to the actual plan. Yeah, I'm not holding my breath on that one either, I am however working on it as best that I can each day. We will see what happens.

No comments: