Thursday, June 23, 2005

The wonders of the DMV

Yesterday I spent two hours at that specialized circle of hell that we like to call the DMV. Well, to be precise it was more like an hour and a half because I had to drive to the Social Security office in order to prove to the DMV that my social security number is really my social security number. Now, mind you, I had three forms of ID, including a passport, a driver's license from my former state, and a local government id, two of which had my social security number on them. This however was not good enough so I went to the social security office to get a computer printout which said I really was not making up my social security number. Anyway, I eventually pried a new drivers license away from the DMV with a new photo. I looked at the photo and this was my precise thought pattern "Who is that? She's cute, well except for the extra chin". Seriously people, I looked like a normal person in the photo. Then I compared it to my id from law school and seriously I looked like my own sister. So, thank you DMV for putting somethings in perspective, but seriously people I am not going back there until dragged by my hair.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, I am a 24 yr old, and my sister is a 26 yr old. We just started a buddy system weight loss plan, and we would like to loose 120 pounds also. I was just wondering how much did you weigh when you started, and how hard did you push yourself in the begining? Also did you reach you goal?

Kat said...

Um let me see,
I weighed somewhere over 242 lbs when I started, I think my highest weight was probably 250 but I was not weighing myself at that point. I pushed myself pretty hard for the first 8 months, you can tell if you look back in the archives of this site, about 2 hrs each day working out and a very strict diet. I am still working on the goal weight, I have another 40 lbs to go but I expect it will take awhile. Hope that helps.

Anonymous said...

Great Blog! I also have a site about problems with chocolate labs
. You can check it out at problems with chocolate labs


Also, as a thank you for visiting my site, I'd like to tell you about a great site that is giving away a FREE DVD Camcorder! Just click the following link and enter your Zipcode to see if the promotion is available in your area!

FREE DVD Camcorder