Sunday, September 11, 2005

Complacency

More and more recently I have been feeling what I refer to as the superior mind set coming back to haunt me. This is where I begin to indulge my inner thin girl, who has somehow managed to not be eaten by my inner fat girl (which is frankly impressive all things considered). She trots out, sniffs and then demands to know two things, one who invited alll the fat people and second how could they possibly remain overweight when all they have to do is eat less and workout more. She is very snotty, did I mention that? I worry about the inner thin girl, because she makes it really easy to lose focus about what I am doing and how careful I still need to be about food. More than that, I worry because I work very hard on not being one of those self-righteous born again fitness freaks who expects everyone to follow her path. Where I am is not necessarily where a lot of other people want to be, and there is nothing wrong with that fact. So, when the inner thin girl makes a grand appearance, the inner fat girl takes her on a walk back down memory lane. In this case, I went back and looked at pictures from 2002, 2003, and early 2004. Holy crap is pretty much all that comes to mind. I look like a giant inflatable balloon and I had looked like that for years which is frightening. My inner thin girl wonders why no one said anything about it, I point out that people did, and as a general rule she slinks away, not to be seen again for a few months. Complacency, it isn't a good thing, but it can be cured.

No comments: