Tuesday, September 13, 2005

There will always be days like this

This morning reminded me of why I do actually sometimes enjoy running. It was almost effortless once I really started moving and I could have kept going for much longer (at least that is what it felt like). This is a surpassingly rare phenomenon for me, it happens about once every month. I needed that this morning, I had a horrible day at work yesterday which is not really worth discussing and I am begining to get ready for another trial in just over a week and a half. Add in piles of work that I have not gotten to yet, and yesterday was very stressful. I snacked a little at work yesterday, my fallback response to stress, but today I feel centered and calm because of my morning workout. This is why I went back to the gym in February of this year, and this is why I keep going back to the gym every weekday for the past six months religiously. Working out keeps me sane on some very basic level that I cannot really explain. Eighty-six pounds ago I would have eaten extra food and still felt bad the next day, now I run three miles and feel focused and calm. It does not always last past the morning hours but at least it happens occasionally.

No comments: