Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Frustrated Ranting

I am feeling singularly uninspired today, which has been happening frequently recently, in case you had not noticed. I think what I notice more and more is how much harder I am working recently to lose weight, at least in terms of exercise. I am basically watching what I eat pretty closely and eating healthy foods, but I really have to raise the intensity level of my workouts. I am running a 9:40 mile now, which means I run a little over three miles a day. I have raised the intensity on the eliptical machine as well, and of course I am lifting heavier weights. If the machines are to be believed (and frankly they are not) I burn around 750-770 calories every morning just in cardio exercise. Yet, the scales move slowly if at all, which is admittedly frustrating to me. I know it takes more intensity the fitter I get to lose weight, and I have always known that losing weight once I got in sight of my eventual goals would be difficult and take a long time. I still find it frustrating, and all the logic in the world cannot alter that fact. I am also not surprised that frustration causes a lack of motivation and inspiration for me. I have been trying to lose weight for one year and eight months now, and it is such a long process for me. There have been weeks and months like this before, there will be weeks and months like this in the future, they will always suck and they will always pass. This is what keeps me on track, the promise that for awhile this will get easier again and I will feel better about the process. So, I make my salads, I workout, I drink my water, and I wait for better days.

No comments: