Thursday, September 22, 2005

No Leeway

My office is having a luncheon today, which means they asked me to make desert, so I did. The problem with baking for me is that I have to taste things like batter and frosting to make sure I am doing it right. Not to talk myself up, but I am a really good baker and so I get asked to make things a lot by my office. I can't do it without the tasting though, the best way I can explain it is that baking without testing flavors is like walking around blindfolded, it can be done but it does not work as well. My solution is to not bake as a general rule, but I did this time because it was a special request. As a result my weight instantly bounced up today, add in a large office lunch today and it is not looking like such a good diet day and it is only 7:50 am. On the plus side, some of my co-workers specifically purchased a vegetable platter for today because they wanted me to have something healthy to eat, now that is love. I am aiming for a lot of vegetables at lunch and a very light dinner, we will see how that works out. I lifted weights last night, did my standard workout this morning (still running at 6.1 mph) and have tomorrow off which is great. I am going to roast a chicken tomorrow which will be dinner and part of lunch for most of next week. I am actually pretty decent at roasting chickens and they tend to be really yummy ( I generally rub them with butter and lemon and then stick between two and four lemon halves in the body cavity). I was going to cook the chicken earlier this week, I just never had time to do it. I am just really glad that it is finally friday.

No comments: