Wednesday, September 28, 2005

A photo opportunity

Today I am wearing my black suit which actually makes me look thinner than I am, I love clothes that have this function. We are taking an office photo so slimming clothing is important, unfortunately it cannot do anything about the blemish on my forehead which shows up even though I am wearing makeup. It is in fact the only reason I am wearing makeup since I never wear any unless I am in trial. I will be in trial in about a month so I suppose remembering how to apply my makeup is a good thing. I am not much enamored of having my photo taken in case you did not realize that fact, the only person who has ever taken really good photos of me is my dad (and he used to be a professional photographer) and it involves taking many, many shots. This is one of the secrets to any good photo and I doubt they are going to take very many pictures this morning. The other thing about photos is that they always mess with the mental image you have of yourself, and generally for me this is a bad thing. Then again, I don't have very many pictures of myself at this weight so maybe I am blowing things out of proportion in advance. Maybe it will turn out to be a good picture of me, who knows. However, I am still not very excited by the prospect, especially since I am a lawyer and a short girl which in this office means I will probably end up in the front of the photo. Anyway, I am off to do some work before we have to go and take this group picture.

No comments: