Monday, September 19, 2005

Snack attack

Last night I discovered something interesting, cereal which is slightly too sweet for general consumption with soy milk makes an excellent snack. It is actually a healthy snack but they made it too sweet for me to eat a whole bowl (and that is an odd sentence for me the sweet food lover to write). So, today I made myself a little baggie of cereal and brought it with me to work as my morning snack. This leaves my more substantial energy bar as my afternoon snack at about 2:30 or 3:00. I am desperately trying to come up with a system which keeps me from randomly snacking my way through the office food supply. I am still in a lovely plateau, but I know from experience that no plateau lasts forever and eventually I will make my way out the other side of it (but not if I eat a bunch of really unhealthy food). My running speed has now moved up to 6.1 mph which is a 9:50 mile according to the treadmill and I am getting better at lifting my 15 lb weights. All of these things are good and I am focusing on them rather than the scale. I also notice that the more I work out and get fit, the harder it is for me to sit still for a long period of time. Yesterday I probably walked around the floor my office is on at least ten times. I fidget and I do not like sitting still. This is odd for someone who was the queen of laziness in the past and could sit still for hours. I understand the other side effects of losing weight but this one surprises me. I am used to being colder than I used to be (less body fat), getting full more quickly, and being more sensitive to the taste of sugar in things (I do not eat very much now). However, the restlessness surprises me, I have to be doing stuff or moving around a lot more than in the past. In the long run, that will no doubt be a good thing, it just surprises me though right now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Me too. The having to get up. I could sit for hours, but can't anymore. Thanks for the tip about colder. Your diary is very valuable to me.
Num Num