Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Ankle Trouble

So, have I mentioned that I have a bad left ankle? An ankle I have repeatedly injured over the past 15 years or so (give or take). This morning I re-injured it while using a step during my circuit class, in warm-up. Oh the embarassment, oh the trauma. On the plus side, my instructor then spent the whole hour helping me with weights and what I should be lifting. However, I only got in 20 minutes of running because running on an injured ankle seemed like an extremely bad idea (and is how I have aggravated the injury in the past). I have to say, that other than extra skin, the only lasting problem I have ever had from being overweight is my ankle problems. I do think they are directly connect since when I was much heavier they used to get injured all the time and now it is only when I do something really stupid or run in the jungle. Still, I am worried that this injury is going to slow me down over the next week but hopefully it is just a minor sprain.

No comments: