Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Long Day's Journey into Night

I knew today was going to be a longer than normal day because I had to work until at least 7 pm. So I decided to make sure my breakfast was a little more filling and I actually managed to take a picture of it. Two cups of coffee and oatmeal with hazelnut butter and raspberries. I even managed to photograph it this morning before I left for work. I am trying to finish the raspberries before they go bad because they usually only last for two or three days in my fridge before they become really moldy.

IMG_0940

Once I got to work, I drank a ton of water to make up for the coffee and because I have been really lax about drinking my eight cups everyday. I had about two of the below giant cups over the course of the morning. In case you were wondering that is a giant cup of water and not mountain dew, it is just a mountain dew container that I got in an office competition about a year ago (I do not remember what the competition was for, just that I won the cup).

IMG_0941

I did not photograph lunch because I had a conference call at lunch and worked through it. I had a banana, a tangerine, and a cranberry walnut salad. I did not have time to finish the salad because of the conference call. I had stuck the banana in my lunch bag because I wanted to make sure that I got an extra snack in since I knew that I would be working late and not eating until well after my normal dinner time.    

IMG_0942

Above is my dinner, well there was also some chocolate and popcorn but that did not get photographed. This is a deconstructed hamburger (i.e. no bun and no cheese). Two veggie burgers, arugula lettuce, onion, light mayo, and honey mustard. I inhaled this when I finally made it home at 8 o'clock. It had the benefit of only taking 5 minutes to make once I walked in the door. I was starving since I usually eat dinner no later than 6 pm. This is why I keep veggie burgers in my freezer, they are healthy and fast. This is also why I work out in the mornings so I do not have to deal with the gym at night when I am tired. I managed 15 minutes on the stationary bike and 45 minutes on the eliptical machine and I feel like I am slowly getting back to my routine after having been sick on and off for the month of December.

No comments: