Monday, January 04, 2010

Monday oh how I do not like you

I did not photograph my food this morning (hey it was 5:15 am in my defense) 1.5 cups of coffee, 1 cup of water, and a bowl of oatmeal with milk and a little syrup for sweetness. Lunch was a premade salad, diet Dr. Pepper, and 3 tangerines. Clearly I failed to photograph the tangerines, on the plus side they were very tasty.There was also some additional water consumed at work along the way which was also not photographed, then again it was not that exciting. I generally eat the same thing everyday for breakfast and lunch (unless I go out to eat) which means I am going to mostly focus on posting my dinner meals which should be more interesting.


IMG_0937.JPG



I pondered what I was making for dinner this morning and ended up deciding to make baked black bean falafels based what I saw on the Oh She Glows website. I used a can of black beans, a cup of spinach, some garlic powder, cumin, salt, pepper, and bread crumbs and then rolled them in chia seeds and baked it for 15 minutes. This makes dinner the exciting meal for the day. It was alright but not great (although really filling) and since I just threw some spices in a bowl I have no idea how much of any I used. I am very bad about cooking during the week but I am glad that I actually did, especially since it ended up being a really healthy meal. I had some light mayo as a dipping sauce (did not have a lot of options in my fridge) and a glass of light soymilk.


IMG_0939

I am trying to cut back on meat (not entirely eliminate, just cut back) and focus on eating more vegetarian meals with complex grains and vegetables for ethical reasons mostly and because I think it will force me to eat more vegetables so I did not buy any meat this week other than what is in my salads. I have decided that I am going to mostly focus on making sure that I photograph dinner and post it. Also dinner is when I usually end up snacking so hopefully this will cut down on the snacking and force me to eat real meals. Speaking of snacking, I also ate what is posted below.



IMG_0938


That would be a chocolate bar which my secret santa sent me. It is dark chocolate and fit within my calories for the day but it was probably not my best idea. Still it was really tasty and dark chocolate is good for you. Yeah. In other news, despite getting horrible sleep last night, I managed a full workout this morning, a 10 minute run (I am easing back into the whole running thing) and 45 minutes on the eliptical machine and five minutes of cool down. I am going to do situps and planks tonight which I have been neglecting recently. I was pleased because I changed up my eliptical workout and felt like it was a lot harder as a result so I do feel like I got a decent workout for the first time in a few weeks since I have been sick (oh and I really bruised my toe a few weeks ago by dropping a can of pumpkin on it, that sucked). So, I am going to go and drink some more water and get ready for tomorrow which is going to be a very long day at work.



No comments: