Friday, September 03, 2004

I spoke too soon

So, yesterday I was feeling all smug about having such a good workout day, well I have now done penance for my brief moment of superiority. Everything about my cardio workout was horrible today. I developed two separate sets of side cramps during my run and had to stop and walk for a few minutes each time. However, I did get through them and start running again which still was horrible but in the end I did actually manage 50 minutes of non-continuous running and 60 minutes of walking. My legs were pretty tired during my walk as well and my weight and ab set was a little cursory. Then, I had to walk into town to pick up some things for my trip (I'm a girl, I really needed makeup sponges and mascara). That worked out to another 60 minutes of walking and somewhere in there I developed a really fun back ache that made it even more fun. However, now that I have eaten lunch and had a lot of water the back ache is finally disapated so I think it was more probably related to hunger than to pulling a muscle while working out which was my initial concern. I've actually accomplished a lot today between shopping, working out and packing which is probably a good thing. So, I feel fairly organized and that will last until I feel the need to repack at some point or realize that I have forgotten to do some vital task.

No comments: