Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Force of habit

This morning my workout was much better than yesterday, I think I was having less mental problems because I normally workout on wednesday. My weight loss is definately a little slower this week but I am not that worried since the scale is still going down. Frankly, I think I have just gotten to a point where this is all habit and not driven by a desparate desire to be skinny or a fear of being fat again. I know that sooner or later that pendulum will swing back toward more determination motivated by one of those factors and I will push hard again on both my cardio and weights but not this week. I try to work on those weeks where I am not strongly motivated to stay on track and eat on plan so that I am not sabotaging myself and I figure that is enough. Besides, I cannot live the rest of my life in a panic about whether or not I am working out hard enough or worrying about every little item in my salad. I run, I eat salads rather than sandwiches doused in mayo and piled high with cheese and for right now it is enough. So, this week I'm refusing to worry about these sorts of things and forcing my type A brain to relax just a bit and frankly it feels pretty good. So, I am off now to back my mom a carrot cake for her work and then I am going to eat my salad for lunch. Oh, and I very much doubt that I will test the carrot cake batter before I cook it, after all that is not longer a habit.

No comments: