Saturday, September 11, 2004

Shopping and shoes

This morning my mother and I went shopping for work clothes. I am not going to tell you how much we spent, but it was really painful. I have never spent that much money on clothes at one time in my entire life. The strange thing was that everything I tried on fit, and it was simply a matter of choosing which clothes would work best for my job. Everything was pretty much a size 12 and the tops I bought were mediums which was very fun. I think I now have most of the clothes I need for this new job, I still need a few odds and ends but nothing major. Fortunately, I don't need to buy any shoes because as we all know by now, I am the queen of shoes. I already own four pairs of black pumps, three pairs of brown pumps, two pairs of red pumps, two pairs of pink pumps, a pair of purple pumps, 2 pairs of red mules, a pair of black mules, two sets of black strappy shoes, a pair of brown wedges, brown flats, and this list goes on for a while. Suffice it to say I have plenty of shoes although I have to discard my black boots because they are far too big around my calves. It is definately eye-opening to realize how much more fun shopping is when you are a regular size as opposed to a plus size. Someday, I may even own more clothing than shoes because there is so much cute clothing that I like and want to buy. Nah, I will always own more shoes than are practical for any one person. I did actually workout before I went shopping, one hour of running and one hour of walking, there is a football game at the stadium so we couldn't go climb stairs. Anyway, I am off to start cleaning out my closet again now that I have bought new clothing.

No comments: