Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Polly wants a cookie

So, I was asked in the comments if I used to eat entire sleeves of saltine crackers. Honestly, I think that I was always more of a sweet person than a salty person, so I know I have eaten entire containers of cookies but I doubt the same is true of crackers. I do think it is really interesting the way everyone has different trigger foods, for me it is bread, cheese, and any kind of sweet or candy. Other people have real cravings for crackers, chips, and all things savory. My method of sanity involves avoiding foods that I can inhale in a single sitting by just not being near them or ever eating them. I have been to three weddings since April and not had a single piece of wedding cake or a piece of bread at any of them. My big splurge at my cousin's wedding was to eat white rice which I don't generally eat (I do however eat brown and wild rice) but not the bread. However, I definately used to have the consume everything in sight moments and that has faded over time. I do not think I finished the food on my plate at any event this weekend, except for the two buffet meals where I actually put the food on my own plate. So, maybe at some point I ate a ton of crackers if they were just lying around, but I think it used to be far more likely that cookies or candy were present in my living space to be eaten. Anyway, it is interesting to think back on my old habits because they are becoming harder and harder to remember which is probably a good thing for my future.

No comments: