Thursday, November 25, 2004

Belated Happy Thanksgiving

Yesterday was thanksgiving for me (I know, confusing for stateside people but work with me, I am an entire day ahead out here). So, of course there was ridiculous amounts of food, not one party but two parties. Although, in my defense, albeit not much of a defense, I at so much at the first party (i.e. a full plate and some appetizers) that I was unable to eat anything at the second party as opposed to all of my friends who ate at both places. All I can say is that when you drink water and it makes you feel ill, you have officially eaten too much food. Still, this is progress, I figure I ate about a third of what I ate last thanksgiving or at any previous thanksgiving for that matter. Tonight, I have another work party to attend but fortunately I will go run around like a maniac tomorrow in the jungle (although I have to work tomorrow which sucks rather a lot). Today, I ate a normal breakfast and a small lunch so I am returning to pre-holiday eating habits like a good healthy girl. I refuse to feel guilty, one day does not destroy a healthy lifestyle, it is what you do the next day and the day after that and the month after that which can cause you to lose ground. So far, I am holding steady and not losing ground which is a victory for the holiday season. Oh, and I am working on Christmas Day so that should curtail holiday parties on that day. Anyway, back to work, although to be frank nobody in the office is accomplishing anything really today but hey at least we are getting paid to be here and pretend to work.

No comments: