Saturday, November 27, 2004

The problem with running around in the jungle after dark is that you injure yourself really easily. Last night the trail we were running was far too long (and for the record far too long is when 12 people and not just me get stuck in the dark) and my flashlight died. Also the trail was really uneven and I am a complete klutz. I think I fell on rocks 12 times while there was still daylight. However, after dark I started to fall into holes and dips along the trail, I lost count of how many times I actually crashed down to the ground. Along the way, I managed to sprain both my ankles and badly bruise my knees. My right ankle is the most severely sprained but everything else is pretty painful too. Now, I admit to being highly uncoordinated but this time it was the responsibility of the individuals setting the trail to make sure it was an appropriate length and not dangerous, so I am a little annoyed especially since my sprained ankle curtails the hiking plans we had made today. Admittedly, I am lacking the self-preservation instincts of an over-enthusiastic lemming but having previously badly injured my left ankle I do actually know the consequences of doing any sort of really strenuous activity on an injured body part. Admittedly if it feels better I may play frisbee (I did say that I lacked good judgement) but right now I am reserving judgement to see if it feels better over the course of the day.

No comments: