Sunday, November 21, 2004

So, did you miss me?

Um, so I have been gone for awhile, due largely to work (I was at a conference for a couble of days last week). Anyway, I am back to posting and I have been working out as always. Let me see, last tuesday night I made it to aikido where I got hurled around by more advanced students and managed to not kill myself. The rest of the week was not that exciting, especially with the all day conference. Saturday, I went and ran around in the jungle for two and a half hours, we had a very long, poorly marked hash trail. Much of the begining of the trail involved sliding down a very rocky hill on my admittedly well-padded rear and I completely ripped the back of my pants open. Fortunately I was wearing a pair of bathing suit bottoms underneath which is an important precaution if you think that you may end up swimming in a river or two at some point in the afternoon. I did indeed end up slogging downstream for a very long way in a river until we reached the ocean. At that point we climbed uphill, well if you were me you actually slid down hill more than you climbed up, through some really nasty grass to the top of a mountain ridge. At this point the sun set and we broke out flash lights and eventually found our way down hill, which again required sliding on the buttocks over rocks, mud and grass. I got poked in the rear with a stick and trust me, I have the cut/large bruise to prove it. Then we hiked along the coast for about another 30 minutes until we finished the run. So, clearly I rested on Sunday to recover. Oh wait, no I skipped that part, instead I went snorkling for two hours with my friends and played ultimate frisbee for an additional two hours. So, today I am rather sore and tired, which may explain why I am procrastinating at work. Anyway, I should get back to my job now.

1 comment:

DeAnn said...

Perfect timing, because I've been gone, too, so I really have no catching up to do on your blog now that I'm back!

But I AM glad you're back, because I'm back and I need your inspiration when I'm here!!