Tuesday, October 11, 2005

The 1.5 Month

This is the third time I am trying to write this post, my computer hates me almost as much as my scale does right now. I discovered last night that I have only lost 1.5 lbs in the past month. That works out to under .5 lbs per week which explains why I have been feeling frustrated and stagnant. I am therefore setting very small goals for the next month. I would like to weigh 152 or 150 pounds by the time I go home in November. That is either 4 lbs lost (1 lb per week) or 2 pounds lost (.5 lbs per week). I will be happy about either number. 152 will mean that I have lost 90 lbs from my highest recorded weight of 242 lbs which is when I stopped weighing myself because it was too depressing. 150 was the weight that I claimed I was during my freshman year in highschool, frankly I probably weighed more and was lying about that at the time. Since my body is currently laughing in my general direction, all of this may or may not happen, who knows for sure. I knew my weight loss would slow down over the last 20 or 30 lbs but this much slowdown is admittedly frustrating to me. Still, even .5 lbs every week is progress and I am going to go with that for now and see what happens over the next month.

No comments: